We all know that nothing can take us out of the game faster than an Xbox One Controller, sometimes that won’t turn on. However, these controllers are quite strong and powerful, but they do stop working from various numbers of reason.
Users are experiencing some problems which stop an Xbox One controller from turning on or might require professional repairs, or at times, it requires from you to buy a replacement controller, but there are many things that you need to check out here and also, you can fix them by yourself.
Below we provide you common reasons of Xbox One Controller won’t even turn on and how you can easily fix them.
Causes an Xbox One Controller Won’t Turn On
Some most common causes that prevent Xbox One controller from turning on are as follows:
- Batteries or batteries contacts.
- Charge and Play problems.
- Firmware problems.
- Internal faults.
However, some of these are fixed in the home by you, but some need professional help, as you can not solve them.
Though there are different methods to fix this issue, here we provide you two simple methods with a stepwise guide to fix this issue, but we recommend you start following the steps in a given sequence to avoid trouble and damages.
Steps to Fix Xbox One Controller Won’t Turn On
Method-1: Check Xbox One Controller Batteries
Whenever your Xbox One Controller fails to turn on, then probably there is some issue with the batteries. The batteries might be dead, installed inappropriately, or sometimes failing to charge due to some reasons.
Below you can check that whether your batteries are creating a problem, here how to it:
- First, remove the battery compartment located on the back of your controller.
- Then, check the orientation of the Xbox One controller batteries.
- After that, remove the batteries, and ensure that they were inserted in the correct
- If it installed incorrectly, then put them back in the correct direction, or if they were installed correctly, then you need to install a pair of new batteries.
- Lastly, replace the battery cover and again try to turn the controller on.
Method-2: Charge and Play Problems
The charge and play kit is extremely convenient for all the Xbox One users. As we already discussed that due to some issues that can cause to prevent an Xbox Controller from turning on. Sometimes, the controller won’t turn on if the cable is damaged and unable to charge the battery.
Here you can easily identify and fix the issue with Xbox One controller charge and play kit. Here how to do it:
- Initially, unplug the charge and play cable from your Xbox One, and again plug it into a different USB port on your Xbox One.
- After doing this, if still, the controller won’t turn on, then you have to disconnect charge and play cable and try using a different micro USB cable.
- If still, it won’t turn on, then remove the battery cover on your controller.
- After that, remove the charge and play battery and inspect it for damage.
- Now, insert AA batteries, and once check it if the controller turns on or not.
Billy Mark is a technical expert who writes about productivity suites such as Microsoft Office. He writes blog posts, reviews, instruction manuals, news releases, and technical descriptions at mcafee.com/activate